My name is Kina Malmberg-Lovatt and I am a qualified Integrative Psychotherapist and Counsellor with over 13 years experience. I offer individual counselling, coaching and relationship counselling.
I was born and educated in Sweden and Iceland and later lived in Denmark and Spain before moving to England in 1989. I am very well rooted in Britain and I can offer a diverse multicultural perspective and understanding. I speak fluent English, Swedish and Spanish and offer therapy in any of these languages.
With having a past career in international corporate business I have a solid understanding of the working world and of company dynamics. I have myself experienced my own journey of exploration through therapy and personal development and this prompted me to train as a psychotherapist. I do really enjoy this job, helping people heal and to understand themselves better. I still enjoy seeking a fresh take from a professional when life challenges me.
Taking a first step to seeing a therapist or coach can be challenging. But if the match is good it’s very rare that people regret it. Instead many say it was “The best thing I ever did for myself”
I am an integrative practitioner which means that I combine theories and methods from different psychotherapy and psychology schools. By doing this I have a wider, more flexible “tool box” to help my clients, because I believe that every person is unique and so are their backgrounds and their journey forwards. In my work I utilise:
- Transpersonal psychotherapy
- Jungian psychotherapy
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Somatic Experiencing SE®
- Transactional Analysis
- Diploma in Somatic Experiencing (SE)®, EASE (2016)
- Advanced Diploma, Couples Counselling and Psychotherapy, CCPE, London (2010)
- Advanced Diploma, Counselling and Psychotherapy, CCPE, London (2006)
- BA (Hons) Degree, King’s College, London (1994)
- Accredited member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Member of the Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy College (HIPC)
- Member of the Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE)
- Member of Oxford Psychotherapy Society (OPS)
- Member of Somatic Experiencing® SE Trauma Institute
- Somatic Experiencing® Association UK (SEA UK)
Warm and welcoming
My counselling practice is warm and welcoming. I can provide a safe, non-judgemental space for you to work on any issues and goals you may bring to our sessions.
Would you like to know more or book an appointment? Please send me a message.